Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Studio

First, can I just say how floored I was this week to have my first comment from an artist I have followed for years Julie Haymaker Thompson. I jumped around like a little girl when I saw she left me a comment.

Then, Jan from 'Bobbypinsboardwalk' not only commented but, signed up to be a follower. WOW! my first follower, am I dreaming this. Thank you Jan.

I bow down to the talents of these two amazing women. When you have a moment please check out their blogs and you will see what I am talking about. They are both listed under the blogs that I follow.


This week I thought I would share my favorite hang out.
My studio is always a wonderful place to walk into even on tough days. Do you have a spot, a sublime space, even if it's only a wonderful chair, that is welcoming and where you love to spend time? I'd love to hear about it.






Next, I thought I would show some of my favorite projects. This is an antique window that I dressed up and put in a location that I thought really should have had a window. You can't tell in the picture but it it back lit so I can have soft light showing through it.




In the entry of my home I have the first floorcloth I experimented with. I put it there to test out how durable it would be. That was about 3 years ago. I think it's holding up well don't you?





Next, I came across a coat rack like this in a store and they wanted $500 for it, Whew. So I thought I would try to make one.

We live by a river so I gathered the sticks. A neighbor was throwing away a set of weights so we took a few. (Added to the bottom so it won't tip over)
My husband had the wood pieces I painted on the bottom and he put it together for me, poor guy I think his honey do list grows daily. (Many details on the coat rack are not picked up by the camera)



This is my dining room table. It has the same story as the coat rack. I could not afford a $10,000 table but, I could afford a sheet of nice wood to play with and see what I could do. I still love it. (Also, prettier in person.)



These little ladies I made for Christmas for my daughter and my nieces. They are really fun to make and dress up.



I could go on and on. Pictures of mosaics, beading, junking projects (my favorite) and a few others but, I think I will leave some mystery. A girl can't show all her secrets.

One last thing. I think I will blog a little less often. I am finding out that once a week feels like to much pressure. SO, I will be here, regularly, I just have to figure out what feels natural.

Thank you for stopping at my little blog. Even if you don't leave a comment it's nice to know I had your attention for a second. .....I do love comments though.

Have a wonderful day,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Silly You!! Your space is right up my taste alley!! Love the whimsy and playfulness . Green Periwinkle are one of my fav combinations add some orange and black and white check and I am a happy girl color wise !!! Your art collection looks like something I would love to own too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fabulous job of recreating those more expenses pieces and love the style of everything. It's an amazing feeling when someone we consider to be a 'celebrity' stops for a moment to notice us, such a joyful experience ~ congratulations!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete